Monday, March 26, 2007

The Sis' Birthday (2)

Having searched high and low and posted various images for the sis, she has finally confirmed a pattern that she likes.

Only problem is now my dress! I have cornered the market in plunging neck, tight midriffs and full skirted fabulousness in various large and intimidating prints. The dilemma is not helped by the fact that her theme is 'hint of pink' and so I can't even hide the fact in a different colour. I now can't think of a single alternative and defy anyone to prove that other dress shapes do, in fact, exist, and would look elegant.

For your deliberation and accurate ideas: I have 1950s curves (ie the bum and the boobs of a sixe 14 with the waist of a size 10) and refuse to go braless. I'm debating some form of halterneck slinky effort but am actually failing to form coherent thoughts on the subject. I fear floundering.

Oh, and I have to make it. I shall post initial ruminations shortly...

Suggestions on a postcard...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Howabout a variation on the Diane Von Furstenberg wrap dress? I can totally see you in one. I don't know if you can find a pattern for one but you probably have pattern-making skills too, you clever girl.

Anonymous said...

If the theme is 'hint of pink' surely you can wear a fabulous black/blue/turquoise with yellow polka dots (delete as appropriate) dress with a great big pink corsage pinned to it? You've got lots of room for creativity there...