Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Inca in Pics... I really should have kept a diary...

Freshly washed at the hotel on Day 1 of the trek...
Poised at KM82, the official start of the Inca Trail 
The long and winding path that rose up to lunch on Day 1...
... the top of which greeted us with a torrential downpour...
The start of Day 2 saw Mum taken off the mountain with a chronic chest infection and a pulled intercostal muscle...
... puffy eyed from upset and strife, I still manage some chocolate pudding at lunchtime...
Foliage: an excellent excuse to stop to admire and photograph. Most are slightly out of focus due mainly to a lack of oxygen and a pounding chest from the frickin mountains that refused to go flat for us.  
 
I worked various looks over the four days, from poised in orange cagoule, to a thermals/shorts combo that would frighten even the trendy London crowd, to a final 'get out of my way you recently showered tourists or I shall bare my stinky pits at you' Maccu Piccu stance.
 
An emotional and exhausted reunion at the Sun Gate before the skies cleared for a deliciously warm and toasty Maccu Piccu tour...

No comments: