Monday, January 07, 2008

Winding down the holidays

A trip to the panto and a puppet workshop...

My beautiful goddaughter in denim and her big sister enjoy opening presents before seeing Jack and the Beanstalk at the Barbican.

 

 

 

 

 

Good ol' arty children's workshops. We made the most fabulous puppets on sticks using polystyrene eggs and funky foam. God love a good pipecleaner.

 

 

 

 

Nibbled on the remains of the cake and basked in glow of the tree (in my period bay window - god I love my house!) before taking it down yesterday. 

New Years came with Fun Rolls (Summer Rolls to non-antipodeans) and a towed car on New Years Day.

A wopping £300 to retrieve it from the pound. With hangover. Happy New Year indeed...

And for those of you interested, here is the finished gingerbread house. Quite chuffed with it myself! Will certainly be tucking into it later though. January is well and truly underway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your gingerbread house is rather more tasteful than ours it must be said (I blame the three year old).