Friday, October 20, 2006

Why I *HEART* A Dress A Day



Pretty is pleasant, and fun, and satisfying, and makes people smile, often even at you. But in the hierarchy of importance, pretty stands several rungs down from happy, is way below healthy, and if done as a penance, or an obligation, can be so far away from independent that you may have to squint really hard to see it in the haze.

Erin McKean deserves a knighthood, a ladyship, a palace and a boat with champagne whacked on the front in her honour.

The image is irrelevant to the post, except as an homage to Dress A Day and because it's my favourite and most successful vintage pattern... Will perhaps post the creations it has spawned another time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your comment on DAD about pretty, beautiful, glamorous:

I believe I get the difference between pretty and beautiful (you can catch my full post on DAD), but now you've got me thinking...what makes someone "glamerous"?